Military accommodation modular tent, 565 cm wide and 1250 cm deep. Standardised in NATO forces and Slovenian Armed Forces. The tent offers living conditions to endangered and affected residents in case of natural and other disasters. Extremely suitable for providing housing needs in the event of refugee crises and has also proven to be an option for accommodating members of the staff of Civil protection forces, the military, the police, and members of other protection and rescue forces.
- The innovative system for providing statics increases the durability and stability of the tent
- The tent can be exposed to higher loads (snow, wind, etc.)
- A strong frame prolongs the lifespan of the tent (at least 15 years)
- 5-year warranty
- Standardised in NATO forces and Slovenian Armed Forces
- Suitable for wind speeds up to approx. 72 km/h (with additional anchoring for yet higher wind speeds)
- Base fabric: 50/50 PES/cotton, 420 g/m2, water-repellent impregnated (450 mm HH ), anti-rot and anti-mold treated
- Three-layer window:
– mesh: 100% PES, plasticised, resistant from -30 ⁰C to +70 ⁰C
– transparent foil lid: resistant from -22 ⁰C to +66 ⁰C, UV stabilised
– canvas lid: made of base fabric
- Bottom: bottomless
- Frame: aluminium poles, ⌀ 45 × 3 mm
- Frame connectors: steel connectors, ⌀ 38 × 2 mm
- Accommodation for: 43 persons
- Tent dimensions: width: 565 cm, length: 1250 cm, ridge height: 280 cm, side height: 180 cm
- Living area: 70.6 m2
- Weight: 207.85 kg
- Tent code: 302/103
The M.A.D.-MV5 accommodation modular tent is a multi-purpose tent. The product boasts the innovative development of A.D. Acovia Design. It is based on the standard tent model “ŠV-M70”, developed primarily for the needs of military forces. We can help you with existing equipment and new tents with knowledge, experience, and extremely high quality and professional work in manufacturing and servicing. The tents M.A.D.-MV5 and “ŠV-M70” have a lot in common. The canvases of both models perfectly correspond to each other and can be replaced without obstacles. The most important difference is in the built-in materials and the frame. The main advantage of the M.A.D.-MV5 tent is the innovative system for providing strong statics and consequently increasing the durability and stability of the tent. It can be exposed to higher loads (snow, wind…), meaning the strong frame also prolongs the lifespan of the tent.
The M.A.D.-MV5 tent consist of three canvas roofs with sides, a front door, and a rear door. The roofs have built-in three-layer windows on both sides, which allow air to pass through and at the same time protect against insects. The windows have lids made of transparent foil, which ensures the brightness of the tent even in rainy weather, and a lid made of fabric, which serves to darken the interior of the tent. The front door opens to a roll, and the rear door has a curtain entrance with the possibility of installing a removable cabin.
The tent provides living conditions for endangered and affected residents in case of natural and other disasters. It is extremely suitable for providing housing needs in the event of refugee crises and has also proven to be an option for accommodating members of the staff of Civil protection forces, the military, the police, and members of other protection and rescue forces.
Due to cooperation with world-renowned suppliers, many years of experience and tradition, the lifespan of our M.A.D.-MV5 tents is at least 15 years. If you follow the instructions for use and maintenance, the lifecycle is even longer. Together with the improvements we have made in the built-in materials and the frame, we acknowledge a 5-year warranty on the tent and its safety. History and years of experience allow us to provide service and spare parts for all our tents, on the basis of which we have developed our production program.
The primary areas of use are:
- Civil protection,
- field hospitals and triage,
- first aid points,
- humanitarian organisations,
- accommodation facilities,
Instructions for setting up a tent
The M.A.D.-MV5 tent is set up segmentally. It is necessary to choose a suitably large terrain for setting up a tent, clean it of stones and other upholstery. The floor plan of one tent field is 565 cm × 250 cm. When setting up a tent, follow these steps:
- Unfold and prepare the frame poles, associated connectors, and spacers.
- Assemble the roof part of the frame and thread the wire rope through the rings on the connectors. Be careful to also insert the diagonal spacers where prescribed. Put the bottom of the tent under the frame.
- Attach the rear door with ribbons to the tips of the ridge connectors. Continue with installing the roofs. In the end, put on the front door with rings. Start by connecting the ribbons along the ridge of the roof and move towards the tips of the side connectors.
- On one side, start by inserting the legs of the frame by lifting this side of the roof and inserting all the standing poles into the connectors. BEWARE! Standing poles are also inserted through diagonal spacers.
- Put the canvas parts through the tips and continue connecting the ribbons all the way to the drainage tape. Secure the tie with a peg.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the other side of the tent.
- When setting up a tent in wind zones 2 and 3, the tent must be secured the tent with the storm band Viharnik (additional equipment) and anchored with ropes with PVC tensioners.
- Anchor the canvas parts to the base with the included pegs. Anchor the entire tent with additional ropes with PVC tensioners and bind them to the tips of the connectors and pegs.
- In the case of long-term installation, it is recommended to dig a drainage ditch about 10 cm deep and about 20 cm wide around the tent. Place the drainage tapes (free-falling lower plastic-coated edgings) in it, and in case of strong winds load them.
Dismantling the tent
Disassemble the tent in the reverse order of installation. Be careful to store all parts of the tent in the appropriate bags or bags with sewn-in pockets with sketches and components. We suggest the following steps:
- Remove all the pegs and store them in the accessory packaging.
- Untie the ribbons on the sides and pull them out of the tips of the side connectors.
- Remove the standing poles on one side of the tent and lower it. Continue to untie the ribbons on the roof and move towards the other side of the tent. When all the canvas parts are separated from each other, remove them from the tips of the connectors.
- Fold the canvas parts and store them in the cross bags for canvas parts.
- Remove the standing poles on the other side of the tent. Remove the wire connecting ropes and store them in the accessory packaging. Continue to dismantle the frame.
- Put the connectors in the packaging. Store the poles in the frame bags. Follow the identification cards.
Tent packing and storage
Pack completely dry canvas parts. If this is not possible, dry them as soon as you arrive at the storage place.
Store properly folded parts in the PE cross bags for canvas parts. Follow the identification cards, which will make it easier for you to reuse the tent. Store the cross bags in an airy and dry place, raised from the ground.
During long-term storage, it is recommended to periodically ventilate the canvas parts. Unpack the parts and put them back in the packaging after a few hours. Ventilation is recommended at least twice a year.
Fold the tent and store it in the prescribed packaging, adapted for pallet transport. Put the frame in a bag and transport it in bulk. Store accessories and binders in bags (collected in cardboard boxes) and you are ready for pallet transport.
Tent maintenance and cleaning
Brush the canvas parts and, if necessary, wash them with a jet of water. Use only a softer brush. Spread out the tent and let it dry. Washed the frame and let it dry. Canvas parts, frame parts, and accessories should be packed and stored completely dry. Machine washing, dry-cleaning, or bleaching of canvas parts is not allowed. Ironing or tumble drying them is also not allowed.
Tears and other damage to the outer canvas should be repaired by the manufacturer.
Water repellent fabric
Automatic humidity control
UV resistant fabric
Mold and rot resistant fabric
- Flat or trough bottom (plasticised PES fabric, lacquered and non-slip, resistant from -30 ⁰C to +70 ⁰C)
- Rear door cabin (for M.A.D.-M and M.A.D.-MV tents)
- Viharnik, the storm band (must-have for wind zones 2 and 3)
- Partitions curtains (for M.A.D.-M and M.A.D.-MV tents)
- Inner tent ceilings with walls
- Hanging pockets (organizers)
- Hanging lockers
- Weighting bags (for hard surface anchoring)
- Tent lighting
- Field beds
- Camping mats and beds
- Air conditioning (tent heating and cooling)
- Shower and toilet cubicles
Submit an inquiry
Where we are
Šaranovičeva cesta 36b
1230 Vir pri Domžalah
+386(0)1 721 94 78