Traditional scout canvas tent for 8 persons. The outer roof is made of 100% TenCate cotton, while the inner tent is made of breathable PES fabric. Combined together they provide an extremely favorable climate in the room. The durable bottom is made of PE fabric.
- A product with tradition
- Selection of quality input materials that provide a favourable climate in the room
- 5-year warranty
- Slovenian product
- 100% sustainable product
- Base fabric: water-repellent impregnated (300 mm HH), anti-rot and anti-mold treated
– outer roof: 100% TenCate cotton, 300 g/m2
– inner tent: breathable PES fabric, 180 g/m2
- Two-layer window: mesh + canvas lid
- Closing system: YKK zippers, key with two pendants
- Bottom: durable PE fabric
- Frame: ⌀ 28 × 1 mm, galvanised and passivated steel, 3x 3-piece standing pole (183 cm), 1x 4-piece ridge pole (200 cm), 4x corner pole (40 cm, ⌀ 19× 1 mm)
- Accommodation for: 8 persons
- Tent dimensions (+ outer roof): width: 410 (+ 140) cm, length: 234 (+ 97 in the front + 150 in the back) cm, ridge height: 185 (+ 20) cm, side height: 40 cm
- Living area: 9.8 m2 ; total area: 28.6 m2
- Weight: 32.7 kg
- Tent code: 300/209
The traditional scout canvas tent SKAVT is distinguished by a modern design. It was developed in cooperation with Slovenian Catholic Girl Guides and Boy Scouts Association and is based on Jamboree and Brownsea tent models.
The tent is suitable for accommodation of 8 persons. It is equipped with strong pegs and a frame with pins. The inner tent is made of lightweight and breathable PES fabric. The outer roof is made of TenCate cotton fabric with excellent properties of ventilation and humidity regulation. It ensures a pleasant climate in the tent and is resistant to all weather conditions. The double roof contributes to the comfortable atmosphere in the tent. Between the additional outer roof and the roof of the inner tent is an insulating area (air bridge), which prevents the passage of heat into the living space. The outer roof increases the usable floor plan by more than 10 m2. There is a small canopy in front of the tent, which protects against the weather (sun, rain, etc.), and helps to cool the interior. On the other side, the outer roof covers the surface of a larger semicircle, which can be closed completely if necessary. The bottom is made of durable PE fabric.
Instructions for setting up a tent
- Unfold the inner tent and tighten the tent bottom. Attach the bottom with metal pegs.
- Hang the inner tent onto the ridge pole of the tent with velcro on its ridge.
- Lift the ridge pole together with the inner hanging tent and put it on the ends of the standing poles.
- Insert corner poles with hooks into the corner pockets.
- Put the rubber covers on the tips of the standing poles.
- Be careful! Adjust every ruber cover on the tip so that the wider part of the cover is looking up.
- While tightening the outer ropes, you’ll achieve the correct tension of the canvas, as well as a nice appearance of the tent.
- Place the outer tent canvas on the prepared frame.
- Continue installing the outer roof with rubber tensioning rings.
- Tension the outer roof hanging on the frame with rubber rings, which ensure the correct tension of the outer roof.
- At the front, tighten the “bun” with a rope (350 cm).
- Given the the size of the outer roof, we recommend that you check the tension of the roof every two to three days and take action if necessary.
Dismantling the tent
Disassemble the tent in the reverse order of installation. Remove all the pegs and store them in the accessory packaging.
Tent packing and storage
Pack completely dry canvas parts. If this is not possible, dry them as soon as you arrive at the storage place.
Tent maintenance and cleaning
Brush the canvas parts and, if necessary, wash them with a jet of water. Use only a softer brush. Spread out the tent and let it dry. Washed the frame and let it dry. Canvas, frame parts, and all accessories should be packed and stored completely dry. Machine washing, dry-cleaning, or bleaching of canvas parts is not allowed. Ironing or tumble drying them is also not allowed.
Tears and other damage to the outer canvas should be repaired by the manufacturer.
Use of insect repellents
The canvas of the tent is factory impregnated. Impregnation prevents water from passing through the canvas. Spraying insect repellent over the surface of the canvas will damage the impregnation, causing possible water seepage in the area where the agent was applied. Subsequent impregnation of the canvas with impregnating agents will not be deep. Consequently, the impregnation will not be permanent. It will be necessary to replace the canvas or sew a new canvas. We suggest you apply insect repellents to yourself outside the tent to prevent damaging the canvas.
Water repellent fabric
Automatic humidity control
UV resistant fabric
Mold and rot resistant fabric
- Flat bottom
- Additional external roof
- Shower and toilet cubicles
- Hanging lockers
- Hanging pockets and organizers
- Weighting bags (for anchoring on a hard surface)
- Field beds
- Off-road cushions and beds
Submit an inquiry
Where we are
Šaranovičeva cesta 36b
1230 Vir pri Domžalah
+386(0)1 721 94 78