- Base fabric: 50/50 PES/cotton, 420 g/m2, water-repellent impregnated (450 mm HH), anti-rot and anti-mold treated
- Three-layer window:
– mesh: 100% PES, plasticised, resistant from -30 ⁰C to +70 ⁰C
– transparent foil lid: resistant from -22 ⁰C to +66 ⁰C, UV stabilised
– canvas lid: made of base fabric
- Bottom: bottomless
- Frame: aluminium poles (⌀ 40.0 mm × 1.5 mm)
- Frame connectors: steel connectors (⌀ 36.0 mm × 3.0 mm)
- Suitable for accommodation: up to 8 people
- Tent dimensions: width 415 cm, depth 365 cm, ridge height 235 cm, side height 160 cm
- Living area: 15.15 m2
- Weight: 77 kg
- Tent code: 301/003
The M.A.D.-CIVIL group accommodation tent is a multi-purpose tent. The difference between the MV and M models is that the CIVIL version is a complete unit and does not have a modular extension option. It is this property that indicates the basic purpose of the tent. In case of natural and other disasters or refugee crises, it is intended for the stay of small groups (8–10 people). In this way, we can enable the same family to live together in one room. It can also be used as a separate space to house the headquarters of the Civil protection forces, the military, the police, and members of other protection and rescue forces. Like all other tents of the M and MV models, the CIVIL tent boasts an innovative system for providing strong statics and thus increasing the durability and stability of the tent. It can be exposed to higher loads (snow, wind…), meaning the strong frame also prolongs the lifespan of the tent.
Due to cooperation with world-renowned suppliers, many years of experience and tradition, the lifespan of our M.A.D.-CIVIL tents is at least 15 years long. If you follow the instructions for use and maintenance, the lifecycle is even longer. In this case, we acknowledge a 5-year warranty. History and years of experience allow us to provide service and spare parts for all our tents, on the basis of which we have developed our production program.
The primary areas of use are:
- Civil protection,
- field hospitals and triage,
- first aid points,
- humanitarian organisations,
- accommodation facilities,
Instructions for setting up a tent
The M.A.D.-CIVIL tent is set up as a whole. It is necessary to choose a suitably large terrain for setting up a tent, clean it of stones and other upholstery. The floor plan of one tent field is 410 cm × 360 cm. When setting up a tent, follow these steps:
- Unfold and prepare the frame poles, associated connectors, and spacers.
- Assemble the roof part of the frame and thread the wire rope through the rings on the connectors. Be careful to also insert the diagonal spacers where prescribed. Put the bottom of the tent under the frame.
- Attach the canvas roof to the tips of the ridge connectors.
- Start by inserting the legs of the frame on one side by lifting this side of the roof and insert all the standing poles into the connectors. BEWARE! Standing poles are also inserted through diagonal spacers.
- Continue inserting the standing poles on the other side of the tent.
- When setting up a tent in wind zones 2 and 3, the tent must be secured the tent with the storm band Viharnik (additional equipment) and anchored with ropes with PVC rope tighteners.
- Anchor the canvas parts to the base with the included pegs. Anchor the entire tent with additional ropes with PVC rope tighteners and bind them to the tips of the connectors and pegs.
- In the case of long-term installation, it is recommended to dig a drainage ditch about 10 cm deep and about 20 cm wide around the tent. Place the drainage tapes (free-falling lower plastic-coated edgings) in it, and in case of strong winds load them.
Dismantling the tent
Disassemble the tent in the reverse order of installation. Be careful to store all parts of the tent in the appropriate bags or bags with sewn-in pockets with sketches and components. We suggest the following steps:
- Remove all the pegs and store them in the accessory packaging.
- Remove the standing poles on one side of the tent and lower it. Remove the canvas part from the tips of the connectors.
- Fold the canvas part and store it in the cross bags for canvas parts.
- Remove the standing poles on the other side of the tent. Remove the wire connecting ropes and store them in the accessory packaging. Continue to dismantle the frame.
- Put the connectors in the packaging. Store the poles in the frame bags. Follow the identification cards.
Tent packing and storage
Pack exclusively completely dry canvas parts. If this is not possible, dry them as soon as you arrive at the storage place.
Store properly folded parts are stored in the PE cross bags for canvas parts. Follow the identification cards, which will make it easier for you to reuse the tent. Store the cross bags in an airy and dry place, raised from the ground.
During long-term storage, it is recommended to periodically ventilate the canvas parts. Unpack the parts and put them back in the packaging after a few hours. Ventilation is recommended at least twice a year.
Fold the tent and store it in the prescribed packaging, adapted for pallet transport. Put the frame in a bag and transport it in bulk. Store accessories and binders in bags (collected in cardboard boxes) and you are ready for pallet transport.
Tent maintenance and cleaning
Brush the canvas parts and, if necessary, wash them with a jet of water. Use only a softer brush. Spread out the tent and let it dry. Washed the frame and let it dry. Canvas parts, frame parts, and accessories should be packed and stored exclusively completely dry. Machine washing, dry-cleaning, or bleaching of canvas parts is not allowed. Ironing or tumble drying them is also not allowed.
Tears and other damage to the outer canvas should be repaired by the manufacturer.
- Flat or trough bottom: plasticised PES fabric, lacquered and non-slip fabric, resistant from -30 ⁰C to +70 ⁰C
- Curtain entrance cabin
- Viharnik, the storm band (must-have for wind zones 2 and 3)
- Partitions curtains
- Hanging pockets (organizer)
- Hanging lockers
- Weighting bags for anchoring the tent on a hard surface
- Field beds
- Air conditioning
- Oil or electric heater