- Base fabric: 100% cotton, 300 g/m2, water-repellent impregnated (300 mm HH), anti-rot and anti-mold treated
- Two-layer window: mesh + canvas lid
- Closing system: YKK zippers, key with two pendants
- Bottom: durable PE fabric
- Frame: galvanised and passivated steel, ⌀ 22 × 1 mm, 2 standing poles (183 cm), 1 ridge pole (200 cm)
- Accommodation for: 4 persons
- Tent dimensions (+apse + outer roof): width: 240 cm, length: 200 (+ 80 + 50) cm, ridge height: 185 cm, side height: 75 cm
- Living area: 6.7 m2 ; total area: 7.9 m2
- Weight: 11.25 kg
- Tent code: 300/204
Traditional scout canvas tent KENYA is distinguished by a modern design. It has been developed at the request and in accordance with the needs and proposals of scouts, elders of Slovenian scout families, and the Scout Association of Slovenia. It combines the best features of different tents from the A.D. Acovia Design program.
The tent is suitable for accommodation of 4 persons. Raised sides of the tent allow sitting next to the sides. Large windows on the doors and sides allow for brightness and good ventilation of the interior. The canvas is made of TenCate cotton fabric with excellent properties of ventilation and humidity regulation. It ensures a pleasant climate in the tent and is resistant to all weather conditions. The double roof adds to the comfort of the tent. Between the outer and internal roof is an insulation area (air bridge), which prevents the passage of heat into the living space. The canopy—a part of outer roof— extends the usable floor plan of the tent by 50 cm in length (1.20 m²). This provides extra space in front of the entrance, protected from the weather (sun, rain, etc.). It further helps to cool the interior since the front door can be completely open, and yet the effects of the sun do not reach the inside. The bottom is made of durable PE fabric.
Due to cooperation with world-renowned suppliers, many years of experience and tradition, we acknowledge a 5-year warranty.
Instructions for setting up a tent
- Unfold the tent and tie the (150 cm long) ropes to the fastening (triangle) units around the roof.
- Assemble the frame poles (two standing poles, one ridge pole).
- Tighten the bottom of the tent with strong pegs and insert the frame into the tent.
- Insert the tips of the standing poles through the rings on the roof and continue the installation on the outside of the tent.
- By tightening the ropes, you achieve the correct tension of the tent canvas and a nice appearance.
- Insert the tip of the third standing pole through the ring on the canopy and tighten it with ropes.
- Finally, tighten the outer roof with the supplied ropes.
Dismantling the tent
Disassemble the tent in the reverse order of installation. Remove all the pegs and store them in the accessory packaging.
Tent packing and storage
Pack exclusively completely dry canvas parts. If this is not possible, dry them as soon as you arrive at the storage place.
Tent maintenance and cleaning
Brush the canvas parts and, if necessary, wash them with a jet of water. Use only a softer brush. Spread out the tent and let it dry. Washed the frame and let it dry. Canvas, frame parts, and all accessories should be packed and stored completely dry.
Tears and other damage to the outer canvas should be repaired by the manufacturer.
Use of insect repellents
The canvas of the tent is factory impregnated. Impregnation prevents water from passing through the canvas. Spraying insect repellent over the surface of the canvas will damage the impregnation, causing possible water seepage in the area where the agent was applied. Subsequent impregnation of the canvas with impregnating agents will not be deep. Consequently, the impregnation will not be permanent. It will be necessary to replace the canvas or sew a new canvas. We suggest you apply insect repellents to yourself outside the tent to prevent damaging the canvas.
- Flat or trough bottom
- Additional external roof
- Shower and toilet cubicles
- Hanging lockers
- Hanging pockets and organizers
- Weighting bags (for anchoring on a hard surface)
- Field beds
- Off-road cushions and beds